By E. Barbara Rothman
America and Poland and backward and forward around the ocean.
Read Online or Download An Almost Abortion: My Cousin Fannie PDF
Similar jewish literature books
The evening “Battling” Moish Moskowitz beat "Midget" Rosenberg on the previous Ice Palace on marketplace highway, Moish seen good fortune as an easy equation; you didn’t need to be clever or stable taking a look, you simply had to know the way to make humans snicker or tips on how to struggle. That was once in 1933. 41 years later existence had gotten advanced.
Finalist for the nationwide ebook Award and winner of the Jewish e-book Award: a set of 5 tales and one novella from Johanna Kaplan exploring the personal worlds of Jewish households in long island in the course of the 20th century In her first released literary paintings, Johanna Kaplan, acclaimed writer of O My the United States!
Orality has been primary to the transmission of Sephardic customs, knowledge, and values for hundreds of years. through the heart a long time, Spanish Jews have been recognized for his or her linguistic talents, and as translators and storytellers they have been the most transmitters of Eastern/Islamic tradition to the Christian international.
Incredible experimental, surrealist fiction from the award-winning writer of Snowball, Dragonfly, JewA incredible dream and a awful nightmare, a fuzzy awareness of discomfort and kin, wallet is a singular of fragments — either actually and figuratively. In a chain of prose-poem chapters, the anonymous narrator, in a mostly Jewish Sixties suburb within the northern reaches of Toronto, many times enters the realm, as though for the 1st time.
- Scriptural Exegesis: The Shapes of Culture and the Religious Imagination: Essays in Honour of Michael Fishbane
- Indebted: Capitalism and Religion in the Writings of S. Y. Agnon
- Des Racines et des Sources: De Tlemcen à Venise (Premier roman) (French Edition)
- Unveiling Eve: Reading Gender in Medieval Hebrew Literature (Jewish Culture and Contexts)
- Suddenly, the Sight of War: Violence and Nationalism in Hebrew Poetry in the 1940s (Stanford Studies in Jewish History and Culture)
- Essential Figures in Jewish Scholarship
Additional info for An Almost Abortion: My Cousin Fannie